Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

A death that taught me how to live!



Motionless I lay in my bed,
Comprehending the fact,that in few hours i would be dead!
The room was empty, yet filled with grief,
Even after achieving everything, why did happiness seem so brief!
When I was young, I took life as a game,
and to win it I had to achieve my aim!
If those were the rules of life, then I had convincingly won,
In terms of success, equal to me there was none!
But then why was this frustration and helplessness still within me,
Why wasn't I able to from mortal bonds,set myself free!

Ok, I said to myself, what would I have done when better was my health,
In my younger days, how would with this incompleteness I would have dealt!
Yes! I would have vented my anger on the first person I would see,
But today there was absolutely no one near me!
Yes!I would have put on my jogging shoes & gone for a run,
But today, lo! my legs have been undone!
Yes! I would have called my friend and heard his lovely voice,
But today deafening silence was a compulsion and not my choice!
Yes! I would switched on the laptop and logged on to facebook,
But today my eyes had become so weak, that even an inch away i couldn't look!

With complete helplessness I could see where i was headed,
A painful and miserable death just as i had dreaded!
I knew on life I could have shouted and sworn,
But it was time to battle these last few hours alone!
I closed my eyes and observed my breathe,
Slowly and steadily I started to embrace my death!
I was just with myself away from anything worldly,
Gradually I began to detach myself from my own body!

For so many years i had a conscience within me who wanted to speak,
But boy!, was i busy with all the commitments to keep!
Today there were no distractions and nowhere i could glance,
and thus with my long awaited friend, to speak i got a chance!
I told him about my worries, I told him about my strife,
I told him about all the errors i had made in my life!
He listened to me without speaking a word,
I emptied my heart as patiently all my complaints he heard!
After speaking for a few minutes i had a feeling of peace which was so unique,
It was as if talking to him was some kind of a magical trick!
When the day started I grieved, that i would die on this friendship's day all alone,
But as we have experienced, life is strange and life is unknown!
Just when i had thought that i had no friends and nothing to smile,
I had found my best friend who had been with me all this while!
Now i can die peacefully as i will have to worry never,
For i have found a friend who shall be with me forever!!!

So, my dear friends,to find a true friend why do you wait??
the weather is great,
and perfect is the date!
Speak to thy conscience before its too late!!
-Sagar Shah.

7 comments:

  1. Nice one mate!..keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! its very inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sagar you continue to amaze me all the time and now am getting confused with my favorites and this is happening with every new poem of yours that i read...Amazing truly amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read it again....Liked it more than I did 1st time...Amazing work!Faaaduuuu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haila....sahi be...
    I must say i failed to find any defect...
    for me the poem was just perfect....
    i am trying to comprehend how each time,
    u present something so supremely prime!!

    Once again...Job well done Mr.Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BHAARRIIIII! y wasnt this shared on fb? laiiiich bhari!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No words can describe this

    ReplyDelete